OK, this is the best part of being a toy designer for over 10 years in Los Angeles.
When you build an artistic career here you meet lots of other creative people along the way.
Some of the people I know run a company called "Legacy Effects"
which happens to be the company that was once known as "Stan Winston Effects".
Having such friends in my life helps when we get a job in house
that requires really thorough reference.
I visited Legacy to get some reference on a particular character they had worked on
and when I ( I am the guy NOT in armour) walked in the door I bumped into this guy!
Ultimately I know the suit is an elaborate movie prop.
I know that I am standing next to parts output via an STL machine and cast in a rigid plastic.
I of course realize that this suit was made over many weeks
by dozens of hard working effects artists
and not in a few hours by a single millionaire weapons designer
as the movie showed us .
I know all this, but...
I AM STANDING NEXT TO IRON MAN!!!!!

Comments

Anonymous said…
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said…
This comment has been removed by the author.

Popular Posts